Of the apps that I reviewed this is my top five. All of the apps are free (yay!) and they all received at least four star reviews.
- WebMd – Provides 24/7 access to health information to assist with health improvement efforts. Provides a symptom checker, data base for drugs and treatment, and First Aid information. It’s a good app to have for those times when you don’t have internet access. Received a four and a half star rating from 3,516 users.
- Calorie Counter by Fat Secret – This app provides calorie counts and nutrition information along with a food diary, exercise diary, barcode scanner and a weight tracker. The primary complaint from users was that it was slow to load and run, but most recent reviews show that the speed has improved. This app received a four and a half star review from 39,372 users.
- Fast Food Calorie Lookup – This is a super useful app. This may keep Michelle Obama and the rest of us out of trouble when we are in a rush and end up in the drive through at Taco Bell or Arby’s. This app has an extensive list of restaurants – 120 total – that it supplies calorie info for. Received four stars and ware reviewed by 447 users.
- Cardio Trainer – Of all of the apps for tracking steps, running and other cardio workouts the Cardio Trainer get the highest reviews. It received four and half stars from 46,105 users. App includes a workout schedule with reminders, heart rate monitor and friend activity feed.
- Android Relaxation Ringtones – Text messages, phone call, and news updates be cause stress overload. I downloaded this app and for me, the soothing ringtones beat having top 40 tunes blaring from my phone. Four and half star review out of 497 users.