Halloween Is Scary But Not For The Reasons You Think.
Halloween is the scariest holiday of the year and it is just a week away. The thing that scares me most about Halloween is the left over ‘treats’ I’ll end up with if I don’t get enough kids knocking at my door. We all know what happens to the treats that don’t get handed out.
If you’re handing out candy this year, the following breakdown will help you choose a treat that isn’t totally ugly. The kids don’t need the sugar and fat any more than we do.
Here’s The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly On Halloween Treats
The Good – Calling these good is a stretch, but they are better than the bad and ugly:
- Three Muskateers Fun Size Bar – 63 calories; 2 g fat, 10 g sugars
- Spangler Dum Dum Pops – you can have three for 77 calories, 0 g fat, 105 g sugar
- Sugar Daddy – 1 junior pop = 53 calories, 0.2 g fat, 8 g sugar
- Brach’s Fun Size Candy Corn – 1 bag – 53 calories, 0 g fat, 11.7 g sugar
- Snickers Fun Size Bar – 80 calories, 1.5 g fat, 8.5 g sugar
- Butterfinger Fun Size Bar – 100 calories; 4 g fat, 10 g sugar
- M & M’s Peanut Fun Size – 90 calories, 1.8 g fat, 9 g sugar
- Baby Ruth Fun Size Bar – 85 calories, 2.3 g fat, 10 g sugar
- Rolo Snack Size – 1 roll – 80 calories, 2.5 g sat fat, 11 g sugar
- Skittles Fun Size – 1 bag – 60 calories, 0.7 g fat, 11.3 g sugar
- Nestle 100 Grand Fun Size – 95 calories, 2.5 g fat, 11 g sugar
- Sugar Babies Snack Size – 80 caloires, 0 fat, 15 g sugar
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Snack Size (1 cup) – 110 calories, 2.5 g fat, 11 g sugar
- Brach Airheads – 3 pieces 140 calories, 1.5 g fat 19 g sugar
- Twix Miniatures – 3 pieces is 150 calories, 8 g fat, 15 g sugar
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkin – 170 calories, 10 g sugar, 16 g sugars
One Option Is To Purchase Non-Candy Treats For The Tricksters
Giving kids non-candy treats may sound really lame, but there are some items that kids really like. Here’s a list I’ve comprised after doing some research on some non-food treats that are popular. Some of these can get pricey depending on the volume that you have to buy:
- Kiddos Stickers
- Sugar-free gum
- Spider Rings
- Silly Bands
- Glow Sticks
- Temporary Tattoos
- Super Balls
- Mardi Gras Beads
- Colorful mini notebooks
Not only will the kids love getting these treats, moms will appreciate you giving something that they don’t have to inspect or be tempted to eat themselves.
Liked the article? Then please help to spread the word with a Retweet or with a Like or Share on Facebook.