It’s been awhile since I’ve indulged in a link love Friday post. I do love link posts and love Friday even more so today I’m sharing the love and enjoying both.
Here we go:
1. 8 Light Recipes to Help You Eat Right After Thanksgiving – Que Rica Vida has eight light recipes to help you with your post-Thanksgiving detox program. If you feel you’ve already successfully recovered from your Thanksgiving feast you could try incorporating these light dishes into your meal plans over the next couple of weeks to keep your calories under control through the holidays. Check out the recipes here .
2. The Restart Project – Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson have teamed up on a new web series called “The Restart Project”. The first show premieres on AOL on Monday, December 16. The ‘project’ shares inspirational stories from women that have transformed their lives through diet and exercise to reach their goals. You can watch a trailer of The Restart Project here.
3. Glute, Butt, Bootie Challenge – I posted an article a couple of weeks ago that linked readers to some crazy hard burpee challenges. Here’s a glute, butt and bootie challenge at Skinny Ms.com that was created by Gale Compton who is a nationally certified fitness instructor. How hard is the challenge? The first clue is Day One starts out with a set of 100 squats. The article includes some videos that demonstrate the exercises done in the challenge. Check it out here.
4. World Wide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2014 – Each year the American College of Sports Medicine puts out a list of what they predict will be the most popular fitness programs in the upcoming year. This year HIIT workouts top the list with body weight training coming in at a close second. Boot camp held on to the #20 spot. Zumba, Pilates and spinning dropped off of the list. For the top 20 trends click here.
5. Caroline Berg Eriksen, Fitness Blogger, Under Fire For Post-Baby Underwear Selfie – Caroline is the new mommy that’s being hated on for posting an underwear selfie where she looks fit and trim four days after giving birth. Back in October Maria Kang posted a picture of her fit bikini clad body with her three boys and a caption that said “What’s Your Excuse?”. Both women are being accused of shaming overweight mothers and have angered many people. What do you think? Is Caroline’s picture offensive? You can view her picture here.
Pop Danthology Mash-Up – Just for fun, here’s a link to a mash-up of 68 of the most popular songs of 2013 with their original music videos. It’s good for five minutes of entertainment and you might get some ideas for your workout playlist that you missed. After all, doesn’t everybody want to be a rock star? Sing along here.
Be social! Share!