I’m over winter!
How many times have you heard someone say that the past three months?
The snow and freezing cold temps have been relentless this winter. An outdoor thermometer with a -10 reading and a new winter weather alert every three days can obliterate your motivation to do anything. Especially go to the gym or do a workout at home.
Maybe what you need is a challenge; one that you don’t have to leave the warmth of your own home to participate in.
Below are six to web sites that offer a variety of health and wellness challenges that will keep you moving and buoy your motivation until warm weather.
1. Skinnyo .com is the ultimate on-line challenge site. At Skinnyo you can start or join a challenge and get support from the other Skinnyo groupies. The challenges range from sexy legs and arms to wedding weight loss. Join the site for free, update your profile and get started.
2. 30 Day Challenges.com – If you have a little black dress you’d like to get into or want to look good at the beach this summer, 30 Day Challenges.com will make sure you’re ready. Beyond challenges, the site has a how-to page that shows the proper way to do the challenge exercises, a healthy recipe tab, and a forum where you can interact with other participants. It’s free and easy to navigate.
3. Eat. Drink. Be Skinny!.com – There are 12 challenges that you can join at Eat, Drink and Be Skinny. What’s interesting about this site is they are not all fitness challenges. There is a nutrition and juicing challenge that will help you put the exercise and eating together for big results. The site belongs to Teresa Marie Howes, who holds a certification from the American Council on Exercise in personal training and has a background in nutrition.
4. 21 Day Fitness Challenge.com – There are four unique challenges at 21 Day Fitness.com. A Health and Fitness Challenge, More Energy Now Challenge, Fight Type 2 Diabetes Challenge and a Faith and Family Challenge. Each challenge incorporates a variety of activities specific to the goals. Once you register, there is a daily dash board that you can log into to record your progress. Plus, you’ll receive daily e-mail reminders to keep you on track.
5. SkinnyMs. Fitness com – Train like a Navy Seal, ramp up your cardio with a Tabata challenge or sign up for a 7-day strength and stamina workout. There’s plenty of motivation at Skinny Ms Fitness. The site has short videos that provide exercise demos so you can make sure you’re doing the exercises correctly. Not all of the challenges are based on exercise goals. For example, if you want to tackle your sugar problem, join The Sweetest Challenge and kick your sugar addiction to the curb.
6. Challenge Loop.com – There is challenge here for everybody. Weight loss, no dessert, run a marathon, and walk the dog can all be found at Challenge Loop. What’s fun about this web site is you get to post pictures that reflect your personal experiences. For example, at the Home Cooking challenge people are posting pics of the stuff they are fixing in their own kitchens. There are even ways to win prizes at the loop and, unless I’m missing some fine print, they are all free of charge.
The variety of challenges found at these six web sites is amazing. Add to that that they are all free and there’s no excuse not to sign up! Get your friends and co-workers to join with you and make it even more fun.
Do you have a favorite on-line challenge?
Be Social! Share!