This moist, delicious butternut squash bread captures the taste of fall.
1 cup of butternut squash puréed
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cup whole-wheat white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use non-stick cooking spray to coat one 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix the butternut squash purée, eggs, oil, water and sugars until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butternut squash mixture. Combine just until blended.
- Fold in the dried cranberries.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Note – To purée the squash it needs to be fully cooked and soft. To cook the squash, slice it lengthwise down the center, scoop out the seeds and bake it at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until it’s soft.
To microwave, use a sharp knife to poke several holes in the squash then microwave on high for 10 minutes or until soft.
Once the squash is cooked and soft, use a food processor to purée.
Be Social! Share!