Frozen Peanut Butter Pie Recipe from My Recipes.com
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 8 1/2 cookie sheets)
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped salted, dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup shaved milk chocolate (about 1 ounce) (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and egg whites; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Prick crust with a fork before baking. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.
Combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly; transfer mixture to a bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until combined. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Place cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Fold in whipped topping; pour mixture into prepared piecrust. Freeze, uncovered, 8 hours or overnight or until hard. Sprinkle with nuts or shaved chocolate. Transfer pie to refrigerator 30 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Yields 10 servings. Calories – 259; Calories from fat – 30%; Fat – 8.7g; Saturated fat – 1.9g; Monounsaturated fat – 3.8g; Polyunsaturated fat – 2g; Protein – 9.4g; Carbohydrates – 35.5g; Fiber – 1.6g; Cholesterol – 35.5g; Iron – 2 mg; Sodium – 249 mg; Calcium – 136 mg
Be Social! Share!