Crustless Cranberry Pie from Food.com
I think I’m most excited about trying this recipe. I love pie, but I’ve never been good at making pie crust, plus I can’t bring myself to use shortening to make a crust, so this will be a great substitute for me.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries ( fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat.
- Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream