I found a Peach Blueberry Cobbler recipe at Eatingwell.com and made it last weekend. It was delicious. I used a bag of frozen mixed berries and peaches but I may try cherries or apples next time. Each serving is only 182 calories. The only problem I had with it was exercising portion control because it was so good!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe but firm peaches, (about 1 pound), pitted and sliced into eighths, or 3 1/2 cups frozen
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Heat in the oven until melted and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add milk, sugar and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter mixture to the batter and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the hot pan. Spoon peaches and blueberries evenly over the batter.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the top of the cobbler is browned and the batter around the fruit is completely set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove to a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes. Serve warm.
10 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
Per serving : 182 Calories; 8 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 11 mg Cholesterol; 26 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 212 mg Sodium; 140 mg Potassium; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving