Light, Fresh Peach Cobbler from Food.com
- 6 medium peaches, sliced
- 6 1/3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose-flour (can use 1/2 whole wheat four if desired)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 1/3 cup of the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat peaches.
- Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer to an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, remaining tablespoon of sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Work in margarine with a fork until crumbly.
- Add milk and stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened.
- Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture onto peach mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly – about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Top with low-fat Cool Whip is desired.
Nutritional Information: 1 serving – 173 calories; 27 calories from fat; cholesterol 4.0 mg; sodium 252.2 mg; total carbohydrates 34.7 g; dietary fiber 2.2g, sugars 20.2 g; protein 3.2 g;