- A cup and a half of cooked rice
- One large celery stalk, chopped
- A half of a medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- A half a pound of mushrooms, chopped
- Meat of choice – chicken, pork, shrimp, beef, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Raw chicken, pork or beef should be partially cooked before adding it to the skillet. Shrimp cooks so quickly so there’s no need to pre-cook.
- Two eggs
- Peas, carrots, water chestnuts, chopped (your choice)
- One tablespoon of canola or olive oil
- Romaine lettuce (optional)
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- Saute celery, onion and mushrooms in a half a tablespoon of olive or canola oil on medium heat.
- Add the rest of the oil and meat and continue to cook.
- Add rice and mix together. All ingredients should now be cooked through.
- Push the rice and meat mixture to the outer rim of the skillet and pour the eggs in the center.
- Let the eggs begin to cook them stir them into the rest of the ingredients in the pan
- Once the eggs are cooked through, turn the heat down to low.
Serve the fried rice on romaine lettuce leaves or in bowls. Add soy sauce to taste.