- 1 cup uncooked, quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of onion, diced
- 8 spear fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces (I used frozen asparagus and steamed it for about three minutes in the microwave first.)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup of raisins
- Dash of ginger
- 1 pound of uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (fresh or frozen will work)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth for about 15 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and let the quinoa absorb the remaining liquid.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut up the pepper, asparagus, and mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the asparagus, mushrooms, raisins, and ginger. Continue cooking until the asparagus and mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in shrimp and cook just until they have turned pink.
- Stir the lemon juice into the quinoa, then toss the quinoa with the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
It is so similar to shrimp stir-fry that we added a little soy sauce which was perfect.
Be Social! Share!