One of my co-workers on the No Fast Food Challenge asked if they could use the dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. I found this recipe at All Recipes.com for them to substitute. It’s healthier and fresher. The only thing that’s missing is the preservatives.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Some of the comments below the recipe suggest using a combination of mayo, sour cream and buttermilk.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 153 | Total Fat: 16.6g | Cholesterol: 11mg