Whole Wheat Cinnamon Muffins from Spark People
1/3 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flower
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sunflower oil (or other oil)
1/2 cup whole milk (can be replaced with skim, but calculation uses whole)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Makes 12 regular sized muffins. 1 serving is one muffin.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celcius.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
3. In separate bowl, combine egg, milk and oil.
4. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Drop batter into lightly greased muffin tin. Combine 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamo. Sprinkle muffins with mixture.
7. Place in oven and bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information: Calories – 134.4; Fat 5.5 g, Carbs 19.7g; Protein 3.1g
Number of Servings: 12