Cucumbers are still plentiful and black-eyes peas are always in season.
Put them together to make a delicious salad that’s great to take to a backyard BBQ or to have at home for family and friends. This is another recipe from EatingWell.com
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1 14-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, oregano and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add cucumber, black-eyed peas, bell pepper, feta, onion and olives; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Per serving : 160 Calories; 10 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 11 mg Cholesterol; 12 g Carbohydrates; 5 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 270 mg Sodium; 273 mg Potassium