If you love pasta salad but worry about the fat and calories, try this recipe from Eating Well.
The olilve oil and red-wine vinegar give this salad flavor and the low-fat mayo and yogurt keep is light. Add grilled chicken to turn it into a meal. Make ahead and refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
- 2 cups whole-wheat rotini, (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper, (1 small)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2-4 carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, (4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup slivered fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
Per serving : 205 Calories; 9 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 5 g Mono; 1 mg Cholesterol; 29 g Carbohydrates; 6 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 291 mg Sodium; 269 mg Potassium