This deliciously, creamy and nutritious soup is perfect for guests, Thanksgiving dinner or for your family to enjoy on a chilly fall evening.
1 Butternut Squash cooked and peeled
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups of low-fat chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the squash until it is almost tender.
- * To cook the squash, slice it lengthwise down the center, scoop out the seeds and bake it at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until almost soft. Or, pierce the squash with a knife in several places and microwave for about 10 minutes until almost soft.
- Allow the squash to cool. Cut into squares.
- Dice one yellow onion. Saute the onion in olive oil and minced garlic until tender.
- Add the butternut squash to the onion and olive oil.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the squash from the pan and purée in a food processor.
- Return the puréed squash to the pan with the chicken broth. Add broth until you have the consistency of soup you desire and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Add the half-n-half and nutmeg and stir.
- Serve warm
Be Social! Share!