2 large bunches kale
1 large red pepper, sliced in thin strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
¼ cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Cut the kale into bite-size pieces, removing any tough stems. Rinse and shake dry.
2. Warm the oil and garlic in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Remove the garlic as soon as it browns (don’t let it burn).
3. Add the slices of red pepper and stir fry until tender-crisp.
4. Add the kale and stir-fry 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken stock, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Uncover and add the salt.
7. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has evaporated.
8. Spoon into a serving dish; scatter the garlic over the top. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves 8: One serving is 118 calories; carbohydrates 15 g; cholesterol 0; Fat 6g; Fiber 2g; Iron 2 mg; Protein 4 mg; Sodium 534 mg.
Be Social! Share!